A Tri-Clover Clamp/ Tri-Clover Gaskets Compatible Clamp and Gasket along with a pair or Tri Clover fittings is required to make a complete connection.
Tri clover Tri clamp gaskets in four different materials :
- Silicone - Silicone gaskets have a very wide temperature range of -58oF to 446oF making them suitable for a wide range of applications and great for home brewing locations where they will be near flame or in heat wash. They are very flexible and relatively soft making them easy to work with and seal. They can get gummy over time when used with strong acids and caustics in commercial applications. Silicone brewery gaskets are translucent clear.
- EPDM - EPDM gaskets have a narrower temperature range than silicone (-30oF to 300oF) but stand up to stronger acids and caustics than silicone making them more desirable in commercial applications and excellent for home brewery applications. EPDM gaskets are relatively soft, easy to seal and probably the best all around choice for any application that doesn't need to live close to a flame source. EPDM gaskets are black.
- PTFE - PTFE Teflon gaskets have the widest temperature range (-100oF to 500oF) and are also the hardest making them ideal for locations that need to rotate against each other like racking arms. (Never rotate or loosen a connection that is holding back hot liquid!) Being hard, they are somewhat more difficult to get a good seal. PTFE gaskets are solid white.
- BUNA-N - BUNA-N gaskets have a fairly narrow temperature range (-30oF to 200oF) but remain flexible across that range and seal well. They do not do well with acid or caustic cleaners and should be kept away from UV light where they can oxidize. BUNA-N gaskets are a good choice for the fermentation side of a brewery where their low cost makes them nearly disposable. Black in color.
- New! We just recently added flanged tri clover tri clamp gaskets to our line. We have manufactured these gaskets having a thin flange around the outer circumference of the gasket. This flange holds the gasket in place on one of the two fittings which makes for much easier handling and connection.